Saturday 19 March 2016

The Eyes Follow.........

Hello and welcome back!

I have just returned from a short break in Italy, hence the blog gap.

Instead of making art, I have been able to spend my time gazing in awe

at the treasures that are everywhere in Italy, from the smallest churches in

the remotest hill towns, to the many wonderful museums and art galleries.


In the Musei Civici in Ascoli Piceno I came across a very compelling and yes

slightly disturbing portrait,( I carefully wrote down the name and artist ).


It was mesmerising......you know the old thing about "the eyes follow me round the room",

well they do!  You try it.

And isn't there something unworldly about her?

Ahh...the details....left them behind in Italy.....but I will add them as soon as I can track

them down.

I wish I had asked about photographs at the beginning of the tour because I would

have taken a lot more.

And for the Terry Pratchett fans out there


could this be Rincewind?

Bye for now, P.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment!