Sunday 3 January 2016

A Bit of a Magpie.....

Hello and welcome to Day 3,

I am a bit of a magpie when it comes to pretty things....... I like to collect

buttons, ribbons, beads, pretty paper, fabric...... you can imagine what my

work room looks like :/

And if anyone should ask why I have these things, the answer is just

"BECAUSE"!  Which is why I chose that word for my journal page.


Another thing that I collect ....... paper cutting dies. Pieces of beautifully cast, shiny

metal, I just can't resist.

I had mixed feelings at first about using them. After all, they are designed by someone

else. Is that cheating? Well no...... they are tools, and it's what you do with them that

makes a unique piece of work.


I do tend to chose dies that are versatile, a lot of flowers and natural shapes, rather

than an image that is too specific and therefore has limited use or fashion. Nature

never goes out of fashion.

Some of my treasures are just for looking at, I can't bring myself to use them.

But there is always more paper!

Until tomorrow..... P.

1 comment:

  1. I thought of bees and honeycomb when I saw this. Again, beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment!