Monday 12 May 2014

.......it just IS.

Hello again,

Yesterday was a birthday (trying to stop counting) so had a good excuse to do what I
wanted with my time.

I gave the dog a haircut, and then I started on my box transformation.

I rummaged in my fabric box (one of them!) to find something suitable for an
under-the-sea theme. Then using a fabric ink pad, stamped leafy seaweedy things, cut
them out and coloured them with Inktense pencils.
 (These watercolour ink pencils become permanent when brushed
with water and then dried.)
 I ironed them onto the background using Bondaweb, and
added a few fishes in the same way.


I used this to cover the base of the box and added a bit of net trim.



I covered the lid with the same fabric.

Then more fishes, octopuses (octopi?), and crabs (slightly stuffed), and two on dangly
braid for a bit of movement.



The pebbles on the lid are slightly stuffed gathered circles of fabric, and the flowers
are from a set from PaperArtsy (Eclectica EDY05).


Oh and I added some little wooden feet and a bit more braid. It reminds me of 17th
century stump work.

But what's it for?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment!